Legal innovation is our driving force
LOYER & ABELLO litigation department dominant activities have in common innovation (innovations in any fields of technology, know-how, sofwares, innovations in design or trademarks and domain names). The firm assists its clients at each stage of litigation.
- by managing pre-litigation disputes, including conflicts related to infringement and unfair competition (letters of claims, transactions, protective measures)
- by ensuring the representation and defence of clients before both the administrative and judicial institutions (oppositions, infringement, unfair competition, parasitism, contract and tort, tribunals, commercial litigation, etc. )
- by looking for amicable settlements of conflicts (mediation, negotiation, arbitration, transaction). LOYER & ABELLO is among the first signers of the law firms mediation Code of Ethics dated October 16, 2006
LOYER & ABELLO developed specific expertise in the fields of:
- Litigation regarding inventions made by employees (inventorship, supplementary salary, classification between service invention / dependent invention, limitation period) and litigation regarding creations and value-creating work of employees of the private or public sector as well as of non-wage earning students (see publication of conferences hold at ASPI and at the University of La Rochelle and of the PITE II Report in documentation). LOYER & ABELLO is recommended by AIS and Mr Jean-Paul MARTIN
- Strategic and legal counseling of litigation (especially seizure of counterfeit goods and bailiff’s report upon order, for which both partners have a longstanding experience of practical and procedural difficulties when they, as experts, were assisting bailiffs during seizures). (see publications in documentation)
For complex cases, LOYER & ABELLO works in cooperation with experienced lawyers in their own specific field (criminal business law…).
Through the FRANCAVOKA network, which the firm helped create, the firm’s clients receive the help of a network of French lawyers covering a large proportion of the French national territory as well as of networks of lawyers in Belgium (BELGAVOKA), in Germany (ADVOGATE) and in the Netherlands (ADVOCATENNET).
The team is managed by Michel ABELLO managing partner, IP specialist, engineer and European patent attorney. The department is notably composed of Bertrand LOYER, Partner and former IP Counsel, engineer and European patent attorney, Marie LIENS, Guillaume DUBOS and Matija RAPIC; lawyers.